How long have you been going through peri-menopause?

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

FSH Test

April 29, 2009

My doctor ordered an FSH and my level came back at 3.1 and according to the charts I am not in menopause with that level. However, I have been on the pill for 3 weeks. Did the pill change my level that much? I don't know because an FSH test was not done prior to starting on the pill. I am not having bad mood swings anymore, but I am still having problems sleeping through the night. I am also having mild hot flashes at night while sleeping and I'm having chills for 3 weeks now. I am still experiencing vaginal dryness and not much desire for sexual intercourse. However, sex is still good about every 3 to 4 days. I am also experiencing some minor cramps around my period time. I don't know if this pill is making that much of a difference for the peri-menopausal symptoms but I am feeling much better emotionally, which is a huge deal to me. I have felt a little hyper lately but my doctor says it may be due to my hyper thyroid (Grave's Disease) that I have had for more than 2 years. I am taking Tapazole for that and am hopeful that I won't have to have the radioactive iodine if the medication is a success for remission. Some of my hyper thyroid symptoms mimic peri-menopause symptoms. So if you're not sure perhaps your doctor can order a blood test to check your thyroid levels TSH and T-3.

No comments:

Post a Comment