How long have you been going through peri-menopause?

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Note from Crissy

https://www.enterolab.com/StaticPages/EarlyDiagnosis.htm

Hi family and friends,

As you all know, I have suffered from gluten intolerance/sensitivity for some time. I was only made aware of the blood test for Celiac Disease recently and I had already been on a strict gluten-free diet. To my dismay, you can only be tested if you've had a high gluten diet for at least 6 weeks and I am definitely not willing to put myself through trauma again. I'm emailing you this link to an essay from a website my chiro told me about. The more research I do the more convinced I am that everyone should be tested.

Unfortunately, as this essay will reveal, blood tests only show up positive for a small amount of people who have already had damage done to their small intestine. This Dr. explains that gluten reactions take place inside the intestine and need to be tested with stool rather than with blood. Test results were 3x higher with this method, enabling doctors to catch this sensitivity/disease before people develop other associated autoimmune disorders.

I am very passionate about this subject and believe that this could help you or someone you love immensely. If you stick with the reading of this essay,you will see that gluten intolerance can be masked by a host of other debilitating symptoms. Please help spread this awareness!

Much love,
Carissa

No comments:

Post a Comment