How long have you been going through peri-menopause?

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Norco

Hi Ladies,

Well, it's been a long time since my last post.  I have had a lot going on with moving, work, and my Phd program. 

I don't know if you all remember but in December of 2012, I had surgery on my foot. Well, it has healed nicely but this cold weather caused some strange sensations in my foot so the doc wanted the hardware out.  I had it all removed Friday, January 18, 2013.  I also had him straighten one of my toes on the same foot that was a hammer toe.  I believe now that it had a lot to do with the problems with my foot to begin with. 

Anyway, as I have been on pain meds (Norco) since last Friday, I realized that it has helped me sleep through any hot flashes that may have come in the night.  The 10 mg worked best but most of the time I still woke up at least once a night. However, the sleep was better overall with the Norco.  So, I'm realizing that women going through menopause may benefit from some sort of pain med for sleeping.  I don't recommend it for long periods of time because it does cause constipation and it is addictive.  So perhaps during those really bad episodes of menopause it would be OK?  Any thoughts??

signing off..
Almost menopause free.....

1 comment:

  1. I have had all my female parts out by age 50. At first I was able to work through the hot flashes. But after several months I couldn't. My Dr. told me not to take a sleeping aid, but to take hormone replacements. I take 1mg of Estradiol at night. And sleep great, Norco keeps me awake.

    ReplyDelete