How long have you been going through peri-menopause?

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Menstruation during Peri-Menopause/Menopause?

This week my period was not as heavy but I still had to use the Super Tampons for a couple days then I switched over to the Regular size. I always have to also use a pantie liner just in case of leaks. I still have my periods pretty regularly.

What I found out yesterday about tampons is very interesting so I thought I would share it. I normally never get headaches. Every night now, due to the night sweats, or insomnia, I wake up and need to use the bathroom, drink water, and try to get back to sleep. However, this period was different. It was different in the way that I felt when I woke up. I had to urinate almost 3 or 4 times a night, when I awoke, I had slight headaches that could have turned worse had I not talked my self into relaxing again, and I had extreme dehydration.

I am a teacher and I shared this with my aide who is 38 and she said that because of the same symptoms a while back, she had to stop using tampons. I became very interested in her information. She shared that when she uses tampons, she gets headaches, is dehydrated, feels nauseous, and generally does not feel well.

I decided to listen to that inner voice and I realized that these symptoms I had this time were also due to the tampons. I have decided that next month I will use a pad and see if I feel any difference and I will report back to you all.

A tip: If you wake up half asleep during the night while menstruating and you are using a tampon, don't forget to remove it before you pee. I forgot and the next time I awoke I found it while I cleaned myself and realized this dirty tampon had been inside of me for a few hours. Thank God I woke up again to pee. My advice now is -use a pad while sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment