How long have you been going through peri-menopause?

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Saturday, Feb 7, 2009- Menopause Meet Up at Starbucks

Hi Ladies,

At our meeting today I met a few more ladies who have some different stories to share:

Joy-is 58 years old and is going through menopause for a second time!! Thankfully, this is not that common amongst women. She has suffered with moods swings, which caused her to have to be on Paxil and Prozac. She desires to stop taking both but her husband doesn't know if he can handle her without them. She says that her girlfriends tell her that she isn't that much fun anymore.

Does this sound familiar ladies? I have found that during this time of change in my life that I no longer want to hassle anything. This means that I can pretty much be happy just sitting on my couch watching a great movie, alone! I didn't use to think this way but lately it just seems like too much work to get ready to go anywhere and way too much work to actually go.

Tonight we are supposed to go to a friends house for dinner, but quite frankly, I would rather go see a chick movie.

However, since I have been using more of my Melaleuca products I have been feeling a little more energetic, a little more like I want to join back into society, other than work.

The one thing I have learned this month is that no matter what, if I am toxed up and constipated I just don't sleep well and I have no energy. When I am cleansed, I sleep better, am happier, and have more energy, and have a better outlook on life.

We need to commit to being kind to ourselves ladies, eat right, don't drink too much wine, don't binge on too much sweets, and drink water, and get a little exercise.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty cool site! I heard about it on the Cafemom menopause group. Excellent content...I'll be bookmarking it for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome Eunice! Thanks. How are you doing with your menopause? Do you have a story to share with us? I would love to hear it. So many things that women share are so helpful. We sometimes think we are alone in what we are going through and then we find out we are not alone. Thank God.

    ReplyDelete