How long have you been going through peri-menopause?

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Feeling Pretty Good Today.

Hi Ladies,

Well today I went and saw Julie--Julia, with Meryl Streep and it inspired me to start writing daily in my blog about how I feel each and every day during this change of life.

I said it in the beginning of my blog, I'm 50 am in peri-menopause and just started having hot flashes this year. My sister and my mom tell me I'm blessed that I still have a period. Yep, my period is regular and lasts the 7 days that I'm on the placebo pill. After that last orange pill, I'm happy to take the little white magic pill again. I always feel like I'm entering another dimension while not taking the real thing.

This week I emailed my GYN and told her that I wanted a cream to add some estrogen since I'm still having hot flashes even while taking the pill. But they are mainly 1 week before my cycle and while I'm on my cycle. So, for 2 weeks, I'm sweating like a pig every night. Forget about waiting a few days to wash my hair (that's a thing of the past). Now I have to wash it almost every day while going through that 2 weeks of hell. She tells me that she can prescribe some cream but it's a vaginal cream and it's only for vaginal dryness. Well, that's not what my problem is so why would I have her prescribe it? Then she suggested a mild anti-depressant which has been known to help with the hot flashes. I read up on these anti-depressants and what do you know the side affects can lead to suicidal thoughts and so many other horrible things that I have to ask myself which do I prefer: normal sweaty nights with hot flashes, or wanting to kill myself. I pick the hot flashes hands down.

Well, I read on Cafe Mom that someone was using Flax seed oil capsules for hot flashes and low and behold, they are working. I am also taking these Homeopathic little pellets from Boiron for hot flashes and sleeplessness due to hyperactive brain activity. So far I have not had to take the hot flash pellets but I think I will need them during the 2 weeks that I have the night sweats. The ones for sleeplessness have been working....hallelujah! I have actually slept through the night-amazing!

I sure hope someone out there in blog land is getting something out of this blog site and hope that you will comment soon so I know that I'm not alone here in cyberspace and in this peri-menopause. I know that some of us ladies don't want to accept this phase of our lives, or talk about it, but remember there is power in numbers. Perhaps some of you have some awesome suggestions and remedies.

Can't wait to hear from you.

Lilia

No comments:

Post a Comment